This recipe is really quick & simple. This is a good on the go breakfast that keeps me filled until lunch time.
- Put the yogurt & frozen berries into a blender. I like to use Yoplait Light Berries & Cream with mostly frozen strawberries, but I'll put some blueberries and/or raspberries too if I have them in the freezer.
- Begin blending the yogurt & berries.
- Put a little bit of milk in the blender at a time (no need to measure), blending it as you go along, until the smoothie is the texture you like it.
- Pour the drink in a glass & drink it.
- Clean the blender later because you are running late for work! (is that just me?).
This is basically the recipe I use when making a smoothie, and I love it. I use the frozen four berry mixture with blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries. If you make it really thick it's a very satisfying substitute for ice cream for us dieters. And re #5 -- if you have space just put the blender jar into the freezer. Then you're not faced with a really gross milky mess in your sink when you get home. And if a smoothie is a daily thing for you can be used again before washing. Works great!
this was a great smoothie recipe.
Yum! Wasn't sure what type of yoghurt I should use so I used lactose free vanilla yoghurt and I also used lactose free milk (to make it suitable for my daughter). The mixture of frozen berries had more blueberries in the bag so the smoothie was a deep purple colour. Great health drink for my 6 year old and yummy. Thank you for posting your recipe lmt425