Recipe by taylortwo
I changed a recipe I got from a cookbook by Giuliano Hazan. This makes a yummy sauce that is great with crusty bread. When I want to add pasta, I usually double the recipe except for the amount of shrimp.
Top Review by bratty
Simply wonderful! This was so simple, very few ingredients, and from stove top to table in less than 5 minutes. And the result was so great...a wonderful mix of flavors. You must have a crusty bread on hand, to soak up that wonderful sauce! I will definately be making this again!
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- chopped flat leaf parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Put olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat and cook slowly to infuse the oil with the garlic, but do not burn garlic.
- Add red pepper flakes.
- Raise the heat to medium high.
- Add shrimp and season with a little salt.
- Cook until shrimp is almost done.
- Add wine, cook until alcohol is burned off, about 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and butter to finish.
- Garnish with parsley.