I changed a recipe I got from a cookbook by Giuliano Hazan. This makes a yummy sauce that is great with crusty bread. When I want to add pasta, I usually double the recipe except for the amount of shrimp.
- Put olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat and cook slowly to infuse the oil with the garlic, but do not burn garlic.
- Add red pepper flakes.
- Raise the heat to medium high.
- Add shrimp and season with a little salt.
- Cook until shrimp is almost done.
- Add wine, cook until alcohol is burned off, about 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and butter to finish.
- Garnish with parsley.
Simply wonderful! This was so simple, very few ingredients, and from stove top to table in less than 5 minutes. And the result was so great...a wonderful mix of flavors. You must have a crusty bread on hand, to soak up that wonderful sauce! I will definately be making this again!
I am giving you a standing ovation for this recipe. I've never cooked shrimp before and had the craving for shrimp scampi so I decided to be brave and try this. It was super easy to make and tastes like heaven. My husband has requested that I make this frequently for him. Now I don't have to go out for shrimp scampi anymore. Thanks Taylor!!!!
I was all ways afraid to make this ~ I figured it was to hard to make & that it wouldn`t taste right! But I came across your recipe & it was so easy ~ took no time ~ & the taste was all that !! Its a must in my book ! Its even better than what I have had out dining:)~POKER~