Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here's a recipe that is sweet, hot, and salty! Serve on a bed of rice with some Louisana hot sauce on the side!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chilies, diced (optional)
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb baby shrimp
- Heat olive oil in a large fry pan.
- Add vegetables/ garlic and fry until tender.
- Add molasses, Worcestershire sauce, salt, basil, chilies and chili powder.
- Add tomatoes and simmer until heated through.
- Add shrimp and simmer 10 more minutes.
- Taste and make adjustments to your own taste.
- Serve on a bed of rice w/ Louisiana hot sauce on the side.