Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
A simple, quick recipe using Ramen Noodles. Great for college students! A friend of mine from China tried these and said they were the best noodles he had eaten since coming to the States! Tip: Tastes best with chopsticks. No need to add any metal flavor to this dish!
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon shoyu (soy sauce)
- 1 fluid ounce sake (Japanese rice wine)
- 1 (3 ounce) packageof maruchan ramen noodles (any flavor)
- Combine water, shoyu, and sake into either a small or medium size pot and stir to mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Open Ramen package and THROW AWAY THE SEASONING unless you care to save it for something else.
- When the water has come to a boil, add the noodles.
- Cook for about 4 minutes or until the noodles appear soft and have absorbed most of the broth.
- Serve in a bowl!
This gave a nice subtle taste to the noodles and was very easy to make - ideal for students. I personally prefer the seasoning that comes with the noodles themselves but will be keeping this recipe to use with egg noodles if needed.