Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This one has a shortbread type crust, which is thicker than the usual cheesecake crust. You could use your favorite graham cracker type crust instead. Apologies to whoever posted this originally on an old Food BBS. Don't know who it was. This may be frosted with a cream cheese and powdered sugar mix, or pipe heavy whipped cream on before serving. I have also made a glaze from cranberry sauce.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cream butter and 1/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy; blend in beaten egg. Add flour and mix well.
- Spread dough on bottom and 2 inches up side of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Lower oven temperature to 350°F.
- Combine cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar; beat at medium speed until smooth. Blend in pumpkin, spices and salt. Add eggs and beat well.
- Pour into baked crust. Bake for 50 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out almost clean. Top may be cracked.
- Loosen cake from sides of pan; cool. Remove rim of pan and chill cheesecake.
This was a very good cheesecake but we didnt care for the crust. I used an orange marmalade glaze on it.