We love rice...this is one of my favorites, its great with fresh fruit and crusty bread. It has lots of great flavor and texture.
- 3 cups rice, long grain
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter, cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, black, fresh ground
- 6 cups chicken consomme
- 1 teaspoon allspice, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, freshly ground
- 8 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, candied, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cranberries, dried, coarsely chopped
- Place the rice, parsley, butter, salt, pepper, consomme, allspice and cinnamon into a shallow dish.
- Mix well, cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 - 60 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, fluff with a fork and add the pistachios, ginger, raisins and cranberries. Mix and serve.
- This dish is wonderful served with pork or chicken.