1/1 Photo of Another Pilaf
1 hr 5 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
We love rice...this is one of my favorites, its great with fresh fruit and crusty bread. It has lots of great flavor and texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups rice, long grain
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, black, fresh ground
- 6 cups chicken consomme
- 1 teaspoon allspice, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, freshly ground
- 8 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, candied, finely minced
- 1/4 cup golden raisin, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup cranberries, dried, coarsely chopped
- 1Place the rice, parsley, butter, salt, pepper, consomme, allspice and cinnamon into a shallow dish.
- 2Mix well, cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 - 60 minutes.
- 3Once the rice is cooked, fluff with a fork and add the pistachios, ginger, raisins and cranberries. Mix and serve.
- 4This dish is wonderful served with pork or chicken.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Another Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (546 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.0
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 2295.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 20.9 g