Recipe by Teri
I had this at my SIL's house last week and immediately asked for the recipe. She used whole wheat orzo, fresh basil and toasted the pine nuts. This recipe received rave reviews from everyone there.
- 1 (16 ounce) packageuncooked orzo pasta
- 1 (10 ounce) package baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add orzo and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in spinach, feta, onion, pine nuts, basil and white pepper.
- Toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.