Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Love the idea of no-knead bread and want to try this. Cook in a dutch oven and top with King Arthur Everything bread Topping or your favorite seeds.
- 2 1⁄4 cups water, cool
- 5 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (or other bread topping)
- Mix first 5 dough ingredients in a large bowl to make a sticky dough, or beat in a stand mixer for 3 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature overnight or for at least 8 hours; the dough will become bubbly and rise quite a bit, so make sure it's in a large bowl.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and form into a log or round loaf to fit a 14" to 15" lidded stonewar baker or 9" to 10" round lidded baking crock.
- Place dough in lightly greased pan, smooth-side up.
- Cover and let rise at room temperature for about 2 hours, until a slight indentation remains when you poke it with your finger. Just before baking, make several slashed to allow for expansion.
- Spritz or brush dough with water and sprinkle about 1 tablespoon topping. Place bread in cold oven and set temperature to 450.
- Bake bread for 50 minutes, then remove lid and continue to bake for another 5-10 minutes, until it's deep brown in color.
- Remove bread from oven, turn it onto a rack and cool before slicing.
This was very easy to make and came out great. I used regular yeast so let it sit a bit longer on the second rise. I made it into rolls in an over-sized muffin tin. Came out great.