Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup jaggery
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- ghee (to deep fry)
- Heat the water and jaggery till all of it dissolves in the water.
- Strain and cool a bit.
- Mix the cardamom powder and ghee in the flour.
- Knead the flour with the jaggery water.
- The dough should be stiff but pliable.
- Break into approximately 20 parts.
- Knead each with palm and roll into 4" rounds.
- Make many tiny slits with knife or fork on each on both sides.
- Keep them aside on a clean cloth for an hour or so to dry a bit.
- Deep fry in hot ghee on low flame till light golden in colour.
- Drain and cool for a while.
- The khajas will become crisper and harder as they cool.
- Store in airtight container after cooling completely.