Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I saw this recipe made on the new low carb cooking show on Food Network. I tried the recipe tonight and it is really so good - this is my spin on the recipe. This time, I omitted the rosemary and used raw minced garlic, but you may also use a few cloves of roasted garlic if you prefer. This version is different from many others as there is no sour cream and no mayonnaise. Real comfort without all that starch. (Note: Smart Balance is a lower calorie, cholesterol reducing butter substitute).
- 1 head fresh cauliflower, rinsed,florets only
- water, as needed
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced or 2 cloves roasted garlic, mashed,to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, to taste,minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder (I used Better Than Bouillon brand)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon low sodium salt or 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon smart balance butter substitute or 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, to taste
- Bring a medium-large pot of water to boil.
- Cut cauliflower into smaller pieces, add to the pot,and boil until fork tender,approximately 6 minutes; drain well.
- Using a stick blender or potato masher, mash the cauliflower with the cream cheese, garlic, rosemary (if using), Parmesan cheese,butter,and bouillon powder.
- Add some salt and pepper to taste- test and adjust seasonings as needed.
Awesome recipe! I followed the suggestions posted in other reviews and added the Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb cheese instead of the fresh garlic, cream cheese, and parmesan *which cut down on the calories* and it still tasted great! You can also use this instead of rice with stirfry dishes. Thanks!
One of my first times cooking and eating cauliflower. I must say I really liked this recipe. The rosemary adds such a great flavor. Great side for a low carb diet.
This overall was a good recipe however; I didn't care for the Rosemary in this dish. I love Rosemary but, in this dish the sprigs were too much. I picked out each piece with every bite in fact. I think this has terrific bones and will make again without the Rosemary.