1/6 Photos of Another Mock Mashed Potatoes (mashed Cauliflower)-low Carb
I saw this recipe made on the new low carb cooking show on Food Network. I tried the recipe tonight and it is really so good - this is my spin on the recipe. This time, I omitted the rosemary and used raw minced garlic, but you may also use a few cloves of roasted garlic if you prefer. This version is different from many others as there is no sour cream and no mayonnaise. Real comfort without all that starch. (Note: Smart Balance is a lower calorie, cholesterol reducing butter substitute).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head fresh cauliflower, rinsed,florets only
- water, as needed
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced or 2 cloves roasted garlic, mashed,to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, to taste,minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder (I used Better Than Bouillon brand)
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon low sodium salt or 1/8-1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon smart balance butter substitute or 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, to taste
- 1Bring a medium-large pot of water to boil.
- 2Cut cauliflower into smaller pieces, add to the pot,and boil until fork tender,approximately 6 minutes; drain well.
- 3Using a stick blender or potato masher, mash the cauliflower with the cream cheese, garlic, rosemary (if using), Parmesan cheese,butter,and bouillon powder.
- 4Add some salt and pepper to taste- test and adjust seasonings as needed.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Another Mock Mashed Potatoes (mashed Cauliflower)-low Carb
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.7
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.2 mg
- Sodium 162.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium salt