Recipe by Audrey M
A true Minestrone Soup done in the crock pot.
Top Review by VegSocialWorker
This soup turned out pretty tasty. Used veggie stock and left out the olive oil and parmesan cheese in order to cut down on fat. Otherwise, followed the recipe as written. It is easy to throw together and the cook time was right on. Thanks for posting this recipe!
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups beef broth
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 large celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3⁄4 lb red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed through a garlic press
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- grate parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 6 quart slow cooker, mix together the chicken or beef broth, tomatoes, carrots, green beans, celery, onion, potatoes, dried basil, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the fresh basil and olive oil.