This is a light and fluffy lemon pie that I came up with one day when cleaning out the cupboards. It is not gourmet but is a great family pie that can be quickly made when you get home from work, and is ready to eat by the time dinner is done. The best part is it contains less calories and fat than many other cream pies. **Cook time is really the chill time.**
- 1⁄3 ounce lemon Jell-O gelatin (small sugar free package)
- 1⁄2 cup water, boiling
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt (plain for less intense flavor and lemon for more intense flavor)
- 1 ounce instant lemon pudding (I always use a small package Jell-O brand sugar free instant pudding)
- 8 ounces fat-free cool whip, divided
- 8 ounces shortbread pie crusts (9-inch pie size) or 8 ounces fat-free graham cracker crust (9-inch pie size)
- In a large bowl dissolve lemon Jell-O in 1/2 cup of boiling water, stirring for about 2 minutes, until fully dissolved.
- Hand whisk yogurt into the Jell-O until well blended; add lemon pudding quickly; whisk to blend.
- Fold in half of the Cool Whip topping; pour into the pie shell.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip topping and enjoy.