Recipe by JackieOhNo!
I have a few meatball recipes that I make according to mood; however, none of them seem to call for only 1 pound of ground beef, which is all that I had. I needed to improvise a bit, so I came up with this recipe, which turned out very nice. Luckily, I had a batch of homemade marinara sauce in the freezer, which was the perfect sauce to simmer them in! Once finished, they freeze very well.
Top Review by diner524
Great meatball recipe!! I made this as written, although in a scaled back version. I, too, made my own marinara sauce and seared the meatballs before adding them to the sauce. I made these the night I tagged them, but DH surprised me by coming home early(causing me to have to add more pasta etc.) and I didn't take a photo and almost forgot to review them. Served with a salad and garlic bread for a terrific dinner. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for your win in the football pool, congrats again!!!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 cups marinara sauce (use your favorite) or 8 cups spaghetti sauce (use your favorite)
- additional parmesan cheese, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put sauce in a large pot on the oven to simmer.
- Mix all the ingredients, except for sauce, in a large bowl until blended, but be careful not to overmix.
- Roll meat mixture into meatballs of your preferred size (I made them on the smaller side, probably the size of a golf ball).
- Drop them into the simmer sauce and cover.
- Simmer for 1 to 3 hours. Serve with additional parmesan cheese, to taste.