Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Holiday Spiced Tea Originated from Alice Pouncey of Decatur, MS
Make and share this Another Holiday Spiced Tea recipe from Food.com.
- 5 small tea bags
- 10 cups water
- 3 teaspoons whole cloves
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 -9 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- Brew the tea in 1/2 gallon of the water, and set aside.
- Brew the cloves separately in 2 cups of the water until the water is amber-colored and has a strong clove scent. This brewing process will take longer than the tea. Strain the clove water.
- Stir the sugar into the tea until it dissolves. Add the orange juice, lemon juice, and clove water.
- Pour all into a gallon jug. Add enough additional water to fill the jug.
I brewed this with some Yorkshire Tea that I have, & it made for a very nice tasting spiced tea! It was made for some expected company, but with our day-long snow yesterday, most people stayed home! Still, we thoroughly enjoyed it's initial warmth & aroma! We had a small amount left over in the frig this morning, & I enjoyed it cold (almost made a smoothie out of it)! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]