Recipe by Manami
This fun, kid-friendly indulgence was a hit at taste testing and received our highest rating. This recipe can be easily be multiplied to make as many sandwiches as you need. From Cooking Light Magazine, December 2006 & 2007 editions.
- 2 slices firm white bread, divided (1 ounce each)
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 large strawberry, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 small banana, cut lengthwise into 3 slices (about 2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon pineapple jam or 1 tablespoon no-sugar-added pineapple preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread one side of each white bread slice with 1/2 teaspoon butter.
- Combine peanut butter and honey; spread over plain side of 1 bread slice.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips; top evenly with strawberry slices and banana slices.
- Spread pineapple jam over plain side of remaining bread slice.
- Carefully assemble sandwich.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sandwich; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.