This is not like any of the other one's on the site. I have no idea where the "recipe" came from, I Just know it is the only one that is made for holiday gatherings at our house. I have given this to several people over the years and everyone loves it. I am providing the small version of this recipe as when I make it I double it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the green beans and onion in a large saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil then lower temperature and simmer until about half of the liquid has evaporated.
- 3To the saucepan with the beans and liquid add the mushroom soup, cheese (start with 1/2 lb and add more later if it is not cheesy enough), salt and pepper.
- 4Continue to simmer on low until the cheese melts.
- 5After the cheese melts taste to see if it needs more cheese if so add now, if not pour the mixture into a greased baking dish and cover and bake on 350º for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- 6Uncover and sprinkle french fried onions on top and place back in oven and bake until browned (about 5 minutes or so).
- 7Let stand about 3 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Another Green Bean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.4
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 44.8 mg
- Sodium 1310.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 14.3 g