Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this in a pamplet that came with a magazine and wanted to save. A little different than the ones already posted and worth giving a try. This one uses sunflower kernels as well as sesame seeds. Low-fat dressing with only 4 g fat and 0 cholesterol. Time to prepare is a guess.
- 8 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh dill, snipped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Combine spinach, strawberries, chopped onion, sunflower kernels and toasted sesame seeds in a large salad bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a tight-fitting lid and shake well. Pour over salad and gently toss to coat.
- Serve immediately!