Recipe by crazymom
Warm and gooey--very satisfying. My girlfriend's daughter likes it so much she makes it for dinner with a salad.
Top Review by Mysterygirl
This is wonderful! I love it with the tortilla chips and could make a meal off of it myself. I prefer it fresh to reheated. I think that I will add some finely diced fresh tomatos next time too.
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 (6 ounce) jarsplain artichokes, julienned
- 6 ounces fresh spinach, stemmed, rinsed and chopped
- 4 chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1 cup bechamel sauce or 1 cup white sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour and oil in frying pan on medium heat.
- Stir constantly for 5-6 minutes to make a blond roux.
- Remove from heat and add cheeses.
- In another pan. sauté onions for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in handfuls of spinach at a time, until all the spinach is incorporated.
- Add the garlic and artichokes and sauté for another 2 minutes. Fold bechamel sauce into vegetables.
- Turn mixture into a baking dish.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Serve with tortilla chips or as I prefer, sourdough bread cubes.