Recipe by beccamae0213
I was looking for a recipe for pot roast and I ended up just taking pieces from other recipes and made my own. Now this has become a favorite in my house. I like to brown the meat in olive oil before I put it in the slow cooker but that it optional.
- 5 lbs beef (I prefer shoulder but you can use any you like)
- 3 (5 1/2 ounce) cans tomato juice
- 1 (1 ounce) package au jus mix
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) package onion and mushroom soup mix
- 3 -4 bay leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 1 onion
- 1 (12 ounce) package baby carrots
- 6 -10 small red potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice onion into rings. (I like to by the pre-sliced.).
- Make the Au Jus by following the direction on the package.
- Combine tomato juice and soup mix in with finished Au Jus. Stir with whisk.
- Layer bottom of slow cooker with onions, carrots, and potatoes.
- Add meat to slow cooker and pour sauce mix over it.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.