Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was at someone's office delivering some paperwork and I saw this magazine Cuisine At Home - Issue 42, Volume 7 and I asked them to copy this recipe for me. It looks fabulous! So I am posting here until we can make it. Which I am very sure won't be long.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled, diced into 2-inch cubes
- 14 1⁄2 ounces coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, seeded, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Cook sweet potatoes in coconut milk, water, and brown sugar for 15–20 min., or until tender.
- Coconut milk will reduce as the potatoes cook.
- Mash by hand for a chunky texture.
- Stir in butter.
- Blend cilantro, ginger, jalapeño, and lime juice in a food processor until minced; scrape bowl periodically.
- Stir cilantro mixture into mashed sweet potatoes along with salt.
This is one of my favorite sweet potato recipes. The blend of unusual flavors really stand out in every bite. I've served them with roasted pork loin, barbequed ribs and game hens. They never fail to get rave reviews! If you like a little more lime flavor, add a little of the zest from the lime. I always use a whole jalaneno, too.