Recipe by Jellyqueen
Found this recipe on the internet, made a couple of small changes and thought I would share with my friends. Hope you enjoy!!!
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 3 teaspoons Mrs Dash's extra spicy seasoning
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 2 cups of broth to a boil in medium saucepan.
- Stir in rice and 1 teaspoon of the Mrs Dash Seasoning blend.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sprinkle remaining 2 teaspoons Mrs Dash over chicken.
- Sear chickn breast, 2-3 minutes on each side, in oven proof skillet.
- Pour salsa over chicken, cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Move chicken pieces to plate and stir rice into salsa mixture (if the mixture is dry, add 1/4 cup water).
- Put chicken back into pan on top of rice mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake until cheese melts, 6-8 minutes.
- NOTE: If chicken breast are small, you may have to reduce cook time.