Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a Neopolitan recipe to which I embellished a little. Nothing could be faster.
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes or 1 (14 ounce) can plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- Crush the tomatoes well.
- Do not drain.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Sauce can be made a day in advance and refrigerated.
- I usually make it in the morning and let it sit.
- This is enough sauce for 3-4 pizzas, depending on how saucy you like it!
I thought it was too salty, so next time I would add only 1/2 tsp of salt and start with that. I also used fresh herbs in addition to the herbs as listed. Thanks for posting.
Just what I was looking for - a pizza sauce that didn't call for tomato paste (I never have it when I need it), and one that took minutes to put together. This had it all, plus it tasted good. Thanks Pat.
I substituted tomatoe sauce for the whole tomatoes because my daughter will not eat those but it turned out great.