Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe comes from the Kraft Food and Family Magazine. Simple and easy to make and great for using Vanilla Wafers, Orange flavor gelatin, and Cool Whip along with fresh Peaches. Great to have on a warm summer day for those special family get together cookouts. Cooking time is the chilling time.
- In a food processor finely crush vanilla wafers on medium-low speed or add to a large plastic baggie that is sealed and take a hammer or bottom of a bowl and crush wafers to a fine texture.
- In a medium bowl add wafer crumbs and melted butter, mix to a crumb stage.
- Lightly spray a 9 inch pie plate and add the crumbs and press around the pie plate.
- In a another medium bowl add dry orange gelatin and pour in the boiling water. Stir with a whisk until completely dissolved.
- Add ice cubes, and stir slightly til thickened. Remove any unmelted ice.
- Add whipping cream and stir until well combined.
- Gently stir in the peaches.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until mixture is thicken.
- Spoon into the vanilla wafter crust and refrigerate 3 hours or until set.
- Keep any left overs in refrigerator.
- NOTE: "Do Not" substitute cold water for the ice cubes for better results.
I made this with cherry gelatin, and it is to-die-for delicious. I found this recipe at kraftrecipes.com. Thanks for posting! YUMMY!