- 1 (18 ounce) package cake mix (any flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (21 ounce) can pie filling, flavor to complement cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour oil into 13 x 9 cake pan.
- Dump cake mix and eggs on top.
- Mix with a fork until most lumps are gone--batter will be very thick.
- Spread batter out in pan.
- Dump pie filling on top a lightly swirl into batter.
- Sprinkle nuts over top, if using.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and drizzle glaze over the top while still warm.
- Suggested flavor combinations:.
- chocolate cake, cherry pie filling.
- spice cake, apple pie filling.
- white cake, blueberry pie filling.