Recipe by karen in tbay
Posting in reply to recipe request. Taken from Jean Pare's Appetizer Book.
Top Review by Darlene Summers
Karen,This is the first time I have ever deep fried ribs,but I guarentee it will not be the last,these baby's were so good,and they were no trouble at all,It's Shake an bake and I helped:),thanks,Darlene
- 2 lbs spareribs, bones cut in short lengths
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- fat (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut meat between bones and set aside.
- Measure soy sauce,water,sugar,garlic powder,salt and ginger into large bowl.
- Stir in flour.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Add ribs and stir carefully into mixture.
- Let stand 1/2 hour.
- Deep fry a few at a time in hot fat 375F til browned.
- (Quick Dry Ribs) add 1 tsp garlic powder or more to taste to pkg of Chicken Shake and Bake and put into bag.
- Shake damp ribs to coat and deep fry.