Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love these Asian type cabbage salads and this is great with all its fresh herbs. I serve the noodles seperately for everyone to sprinkle over as I hate the mushy noodles in the leftovers. That bit's up to you.
- 1⁄2 Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 50 g snow pea sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 1 large carrot, cut into match sticks
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf, torn
- 1⁄3 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pickled ginger, slices
- 100 g fried crunchy noodles
- 1 lime, juice and zest of, grated
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Place all salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl (reserving the noodles if you are like me).
- Whisk together all ingredients.
- Pour over salad just before serving and toss well to coat. Serve at once!
The only change I made was to omit the coriander and mint as we don't overly care for either but enjoyed all the flavours and lovely crunch that the salad gave. Thank you JustJanS, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 16.