Recipe by KimmieCat1
I got this recipe from my grandma and I have no idea where she got it. It calls for a food processor, but I use a blender and have no problem with the taste. The first time I made it, it turned out a little bit greener than my grandma's, so my husband used less of the parsley (sorry I don't know how much he just 'eyeballed' it) and it looked more like it, but still tasted great. I posted the recipe as it was given to me, so when you make it, you might want to play around with the amount of parsley you use. The 'cooking time' is the refrigeration time required before serving. I hope you enjoy.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs, hard cooked and chopped
- 6 ounces crab, fresh or frozen, picked over for shell fragments
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. With the steel knife of a food processor, process: white pepper, salt, garlic, horseradish, mustard, green onion, lemon juice, and parsley.
- 2. When corsely chopped, add the mayonaise, butter, and eggs. Process until combined.
- 3. Fold in crab.
- 4. Place in a covered container and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.