Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
As is often the case, when I checked to see if this recipe was on the 'Zaar,there were a bunch that were oh, so close, but none quite like mine. Which surprised the heck out of me since I got my version from Taste of Home. Very good stuff, sweet and dense. I love this casserole, not just because it is a cinch, tastes great, and is inexpensive, but also because my picky picky DD loves it.
- 15 ounces canned corn, drained
- 15 ounces creamed corn
- 8 1⁄2 ounces cornbread mix (Jiffy is one brand this size, called corn muffin mix)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix everything together and pour into a greased 11×7x2 inch casserole.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the top is golden and the sides are darkish.
This is GREAT!!! doubled it for Thanksgiving everyone loved it... will make again!!!
This is GREAT! It tastes like cornbread - only cornier! SOOO delicious! I followed as directed except I used fresh corn kernals instead of canned (2 cobs). My Dad LOVED this - demanded that he take the left-overs home with him! I will make this again! Oh - I had to cook about 35 minutes - probably because I used a 9x9 pan instead of the larger pan. Gnome Tag!