This an adopted recipe. The notes read: I have been making my Chinese chicken salad this way for years, and everyone loves it, and you will too! I make minor changes, depending on what I like. I especially like lots of chicken, and I make sure to marinate and grill the breasts. If you are In a hurry, buy pre-cooked breasts. Also, I like to use pre-packaged tri-color cole slaw for great flavor and color.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 (3 ounce) package Top Ramen noodles
- 1 small head of cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced, including some of the green
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts (marinated in teriyaki is good)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1Dressing: In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, hoisin sauce, mustard and oil until smooth and set aside.
- 2Toast almonds and sesame seeds in a dry skillet for about 3 minutes, and place in a large salad bowl.
- 3Discard noodle seasoning packet, and crumble noodles into salad bowl.
- 4Add cabbage, green onions, chicken an cilantro.
- 5Pour dressing over salad and toss. Chill for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Brunch Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Another Chinese Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.7
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 217.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar
Top Ramen noodles