Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This an adopted recipe. The notes read: I have been making my Chinese chicken salad this way for years, and everyone loves it, and you will too! I make minor changes, depending on what I like. I especially like lots of chicken, and I make sure to marinate and grill the breasts. If you are In a hurry, buy pre-cooked breasts. Also, I like to use pre-packaged tri-color cole slaw for great flavor and color.
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 (3 ounce) package Top Ramen noodles
- 1 small head of cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced, including some of the green
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts (marinated in teriyaki is good)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Dressing: In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, hoisin sauce, mustard and oil until smooth and set aside.
- Toast almonds and sesame seeds in a dry skillet for about 3 minutes, and place in a large salad bowl.
- Discard noodle seasoning packet, and crumble noodles into salad bowl.
- Add cabbage, green onions, chicken an cilantro.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss. Chill for 20 minutes.