This an adopted recipe. The notes read: I have been making my Chinese chicken salad this way for years, and everyone loves it, and you will too! I make minor changes, depending on what I like. I especially like lots of chicken, and I make sure to marinate and grill the breasts. If you are In a hurry, buy pre-cooked breasts. Also, I like to use pre-packaged tri-color cole slaw for great flavor and color.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 (3 ounce) package Top Ramen noodles
- 1 small head of cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced, including some of the green
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts (marinated in teriyaki is good)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1Dressing: In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, hoisin sauce, mustard and oil until smooth and set aside.
- 2Toast almonds and sesame seeds in a dry skillet for about 3 minutes, and place in a large salad bowl.
- 3Discard noodle seasoning packet, and crumble noodles into salad bowl.
- 4Add cabbage, green onions, chicken an cilantro.
- 5Pour dressing over salad and toss. Chill for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Brunch Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brunch Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Another Chinese Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.7
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 217.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar
Top Ramen noodles