Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 24 whole chicken wings
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces no-salt-added ketchup
- 4 ounces vinegar
- 4 ounces sugar
- 4 fluid ounces bottled water
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Season wings with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place in a shallow baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine ketchup, vinegar, sugar and water.
- Heat, stirring until well blended.
- Brush sauce over wings and continue baking for 20 to 30 minutes, or until wings are tender.
- Remove from oven, and serve.
My family loves this recipe! I actually cook the wings until all the sauce has been absorbed into the wings. It makes for a sticky, but wonderful 'finger-lickin'-good' meal.
My whole family loved it! We were surprised that with a few ingredients that we had lying dormant in the kitchen came to life in this great recipe. Bravo!
This is "very good wings". These are not very spicy, but tasty. For my children, and us too, these wings are a good change. My Husband and I do like hot and spicy, but, these are very good, also. They are "finger-licking" worthy!