Recipe by maryL in Canada
I was too lazy to make a stuffed chicken breast so came up with this. I just started adding ingredients on hand. Any thing will go in the middle.
Top Review by Bakes21
This dish is simply devine! My Mom and Dad loved it, Mom took home the recipe... I prepared it at 6:00 am and put it in fridge until 5.......Wonderful MaryLynne Thanks for another Chicken Recipe LadyBear
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts or 4 medium boneless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup diced mushroom
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 thinly sliced black forest ham
- 1 cup shredded cheese (any kind)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breasts with meat mallet or rolling pin between wax paper or in a heavy duty freezer bag until 1/4" thick.
- Saute onion, green and red pepper and mushrooms in olive oil and butter.
- Add sage and garlic powder and distribute spices.
- Place flattened chicken breast on oiled pan and top with ham slices.
- Put shredded cheese on ham.
- Top with sauteed veggies.
- Place another chicken breast on top of veggies.
- Cover with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle olive oil on top and cover with tin foil.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove tin foil and baste with juices for 10 minutes longer.