Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was too lazy to make a stuffed chicken breast so came up with this. I just started adding ingredients on hand. Any thing will go in the middle.
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts or 4 medium boneless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup diced mushroom
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 thinly sliced black forest ham
- 1 cup shredded cheese (any kind)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pound chicken breasts with meat mallet or rolling pin between wax paper or in a heavy duty freezer bag until 1/4" thick.
- Saute onion, green and red pepper and mushrooms in olive oil and butter.
- Add sage and garlic powder and distribute spices.
- Place flattened chicken breast on oiled pan and top with ham slices.
- Put shredded cheese on ham.
- Top with sauteed veggies.
- Place another chicken breast on top of veggies.
- Cover with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle olive oil on top and cover with tin foil.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove tin foil and baste with juices for 10 minutes longer.
This dish is simply devine! My Mom and Dad loved it, Mom took home the recipe... I prepared it at 6:00 am and put it in fridge until 5.......Wonderful MaryLynne Thanks for another Chicken Recipe LadyBear