Recipe by Dorel
This is a simple dish suitable for 2 or 3. Can easily be doubled. Ingredients most of us always have on hand. If you want more spice you can add 1 tablespoon curry powder and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. We prefer ours without.
Top Review by pipnatsmom
Very quick and easy recipe. My family said it's a keeper! Make sure spinach is drained or recipe will be watery. I substituted dried onion flakes (already had on hand). Tasted great! Thanks.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeeze-drained
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut bite size
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer spinach in bottom of 1 1/2 or 2 quart casserole dish.
- Spread cut up chicken over spinach.
- Combine next 3 ingredients in a bowl, add curry and garlic if using, and mix well.
- Spread over chicken layer.
- Melt butter in microwave, add bread crumbs and cheese and stir to combine.
- Spread over all.
- Bake uncovered 40 minutes at 350F. Check for doneness.