Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a simple dish suitable for 2 or 3. Can easily be doubled. Ingredients most of us always have on hand. If you want more spice you can add 1 tablespoon curry powder and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. We prefer ours without.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeeze-drained
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut bite size
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Layer spinach in bottom of 1 1/2 or 2 quart casserole dish.
- Spread cut up chicken over spinach.
- Combine next 3 ingredients in a bowl, add curry and garlic if using, and mix well.
- Spread over chicken layer.
- Melt butter in microwave, add bread crumbs and cheese and stir to combine.
- Spread over all.
- Bake uncovered 40 minutes at 350F. Check for doneness.
Very quick and easy recipe. My family said it's a keeper! Make sure spinach is drained or recipe will be watery. I substituted dried onion flakes (already had on hand). Tasted great! Thanks.
We enjoyed this dish very much. I omitted the curry and increased the garlic to 1 teaspoon. Also added a little white wine to the sauce. Served it over rice with extra parm. cheese at the table. Thank you, Dorel, for this delicious recipe!
This meal was very easy to make, prepared exactly at recommended. Put it in the oven and forgot about it and turned out perfect - crunchy on top, creamy moist chicken. Served it with mashed potatoes and broccolini, DH really enjoyed it - were both having leftovers for lunch.