Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Buns in My Oven
Make and share this Another Chewy Brownie Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9-inch square pan with 2 lengths of foil, positioning the sheets perpendicular to each other and allowing the excess to extend beyond the edges of the pan.
- Lightly grease the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, then add the chocolate and stir over low heat until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour and stir vigorously for 1 full minute, until the batter loses its graininess, becomes smooth and glossy, and pulls away a bit from the sides of the saucepan.
- Be sure to mix for the full minute and to stir the mixture vigorously.
- Stir in the chopped nuts, if using.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until the center feels almost set, about 30 minutes. Don’t over bake.
- Let cool completely in the pan before lifting out the foil or parchment to remove the brownies.
- Cut into small squares.