Recipe by taylortwo
This is a recipe that I got from the "Dean and Deluca Cookbook". My dh and boys INHALE the stuff. I have increased the amount of sauce because we love sauce. This is so good anytime--especially as a midnight snack if there's any left over (which there usually isn't). ;-)
Top Review by BothFex
Kicked off a Zaar meal with this appetizer. I used Frank's brand hot sauce and the sauce was great- though I might try adding a bit more vinegar next time and maybe a pinch of cayenne, but that's just a personal taste thing (love that kick). I also had heard that you could just bake the chicken wings in the sauce and they would be lower in fat and just as good that way.... WRONG! I went back and ended up frying them all- much better. Everyone loved 'em- I'll definately be making these again. And for buffalo wings addicts like us- that's high praise. ;-)
- 5 lbs chicken wings, tips removed
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 1 quart vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup louisiana hot sauce (I use Frank's or Crystal brands)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil to 375°F in a deep fryer or large pot.
- Please be careful.
- Cut wings into 2 separate pieces at the joint.
- Season them well with the salt and pepper.
- Fry the wings in several batches (too much at one time will drastically drop the temperature of the oil) until they are crisp and golden brown, about 10-13 minutes per batch.
- Remove wings from oil and let drain on paper towel.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the hot sauce and vinegar.
- Stir to blend and remove from heat and pour over cooked wings.
- This is great with the usual celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.