Recipe by Miss_Amy
A more cake-like brownie than most, though you can cook it less or more to get a more cakey or gooey brownie. I got this recipe from a kids' cookbook about 15 years ago...been making it ever since, as they are super-easy. Great for bake sales too, because you can easily double the recipe and put it in a jellyroll pan. I've also added 1 c. chopped nuts, chocolate chips, etc. with superb results
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- powdered sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 or 9x13 pan (or a standard jellyroll pan, if you're doubling the recipe) .
- Combine butter, sugar and cocoa. Mix in eggs, one at a time, and then add vanilla.
- Mix in salt, then flour, a little at a time, until batter is only slightly lumpy.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake ~45min. for an 8x8 pan, ~25 minute for a 9x13 pan or the jellyroll pan with a double batch.
- Lick bowl, spoon, fingers.
- Once finished, allow brownies to cool. Sift powdered sugar over top and slice.