Recipe by Luke "The cheap CON-A-SAUR"
Unlike many, this is a healthy, EASY chicken recipe with limitless variations, that actually tastes good! This dish can stand alone or be served with a starch (rice, pasta, or even potatoes)
Top Review by Marykatherine
I needed something healthy and quick with chicken. The basil made a big difference in the taste. I also added shredded low fat cheese. I will make this agin, and maybe add some diced onion for flavor and diced red pepper for color.
- boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets
- Italian salad dressing
- garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- cut thawed chicken breast into bite sized chunks.
- soak chicken pieces in Italian dressing (this can be done for any amount of time, the longer the better).
- Bring water to boil.
- add undisclosed amount of basil and garlic salt.
- add frozen broccoli and cook covered over medium heat 3 minutes.
- add chicken, along with favorite spices or veggies (try peppers or onions), and allow chicken to cook through (approx 5 minutes).