Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from a friend. It is quick, simple and a perfect dish on those days that you just don't want to be in the kitchen cooking complicated dishes.
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen broccoli, cooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup Stove Top stuffing mix (your choice of brand)
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- In a 13x9 inch casserole dish, layer broccoli, then cheese.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and spoon mixture over the top of the cheese.
- Top with stove top stuffing mix.
- Drizzle with melted margarine.
- Bake@ 350 F for 30 minutes.
Nope...this is not just another broccoli caserole-it is another delicious broccoli casserole. I used fresh broccoli and cooked util crisp tender. Then I followed the recipce as directed, halving the portions. I served this to guests who all commented on the excellent taste. Not a speck was left in this dish. I made this up ahead and cooked just before we ate. It held well so it rates as a do ahead dish. Also, I used the cornbread type Stove Top in a canister. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!
Very tasty and a great way to get Dave to eat broccoli. Easy to put together and ready in no time. Thanks JQ for another keeper.
Really easy and really good! The broccoli part is creamy and cheesy and then the topping is crunchy and buttery. I cut the amount of butter down to 1/4 cup and it was still plenty; just less fat. This is a great side dish if you like broccoli or not. Thanx!