1/2 Photos of Another Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Found this recipe in a Paula Deen Magazine and using Gruyere cheese, sour cream, fresh mushrooms and panko it's just enough differant that I want to save it until I can give it a try. I think it'd make a nice, impressive side for a company dinner. As an update - finally got around to making this and it was even better than I thought. I used one of those bags of a combination of broccoli and Cauliflower and it even had baby carrots in it which made for some pretty color. Pretty easy to put together and EVERYONE at the party asked for the recipe. Unfortunatly it was gone before I was even able to take a picture, but will just have to make again just for that.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 onion, small chopped
- 1/2 cup mushroom, any kind
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups broccoli florets, fresh and steamed crisp-tender
- 4 cups cauliflower florets, fresh and steamed until crisp-tender
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Lightly grease an 11x7 inch baking dish.
- 3In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- 4Add onion and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- 6Gradually stir in milk and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until mixture thickens.
- 7Stir in sour cream, cheese, salt, and pepper, stirring until smooth.
- 8Stir in broccoli and cauliflower and spoon into prepared baking dish.
- 9Bake for 25 minutes.
- 10In small bowl, combine panko and melted butter.
- 11Sprinkle evenly over casserole,.
- 12Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown and casserole is hot and bubbly.
- 13Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Another Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.0
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.6 mg
- Sodium 801.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 15.5 g