Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
The crescent rolls in this make a nice crust and the southwestern style hashbrowns add a bit of zip.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 10 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Fry potatoes in oil; add onions and peppers - fry until tender.
- Combine eggs, milk and spices; whisk well and set aside.
- Grease 9x13 casserole dish. Line bottom of dish with crescent rolls (unrolled and pressed flat). Layer potatoes over crescent rolls; sprinkle with bacon bits, then cheese. Pour egg mixture over top of casserole. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350° for 40 minutes.
- Can be made the night before and refrigerated.