Recipe by ballarat
Found this and another version of this simple English dessert in Mum's recipes - storing here until testing it (but reckon it'll be fine) This one seems to have less cornflour and sugar than the others I have looked at on this site It uses lemon essence although I think boiling the milk with lemon rind would be nice as well. Have put 30 minutes cooking time to take into account some cooling period. Traditionally eaten cold so add time for the refrigerator.
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a smooth paste of the cornflour and a little of the milk.
- Bring remaining milk and sugar to boiling point.
- Take milk off the heat and add the cornflour paste and essence.
- Return to the heat and stir until thickened
- Pour into a bowl that has been rinsed in water but not dried and leave to set.