Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yet another version of this classic. This one has anchovies, capers and (optional) brandy. Gotta love anything that can be totally made in the blender! Will keep up to a week if placed in a clean, warm jar, covered with a layer of olive oil and sealed & refrigerated. Australian measurements used.
- 400 g kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 anchovies packed in oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine, rinsed & squeezed dry
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and whizz until smooth.
- Taste, and season with salt & freshly ground pepper if desired.
Great tapenade! I prefer a courser variety so just chopped mine without the processor. I also used anchovie paste instead of whole anchovies. Served over brie with crusty bread slices. For Aussie Swap.
This was amazing! I used the juiciest and most expensive kalamata olives I could find and pitted them, and also used 1 tsp dried thyme as I couldn't find any fresh. Everyone just loved this and coming from Greeks, who have a very discerning palate when it comes to olives, that is really saying something.
I took this as a contribution to a work morning tea. The event turned nasty -- with 30 people fighting over their share of this outstanding version of tapenade. Two asides, an Aussie tablespoon has four teaspoons, and you are unlikely to need to add more salt or any pepper. Thanks Mischka for making me a celebrity chef at work.