Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Posted on SCDRecipe.com, a collection of recipes intended to help people with inflammatory bowel disease, IBS, Crohn's, colitis, diverticulitis, SIBO, autism, and/or ADHD. All recipes adhere to the Specific Carbohydrate Diet as described in Elaine Gottschall's book Breaking the Vicious Cycle.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 6 carrots (peel and sliced, or quartered)
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 12 small white onions
- 4 cups water
- Heat oil in skillet. Brown meat on all slides.
- In slow cooker, combine browned beef, bay leaf, chopped onion, pepper, salt, honey, and vegetables.
- Pour water over all. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.