Recipe by petlover
This recipe does not use any processed items -like soups, mixes... The family loves this-especially the brown potatoes that cook with the meat-the measurements are approximate....Potatoes used are about the size of a small lime-if you use larger ones, the cut in half. I like yukon gold poatoes for this. If you see that the top of the roast is drying out while cooking tehn baste.
- 3 lbs chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 8 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 8 celery ribs, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced thick
- 12 small potatoes, peeled
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Salt and Pepper ( lightly) meat and brown in olive oil on both sides-then set aside.
- 2. Put half of the carrots, onion, celery and potatoes into the crock pot.
- 3. Place meat over.
- 4.Put the other half of the veggies/potatoes on top of the meat.
- 5. Mix together the beef broth, brown sugar, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, and seasoned salt. Pour Mix over the meat/veggies.
- 6. Cook on High setting for first hour then turn down to low and cook for another 7 hours ( more or less). test seasonings before serving and add additional salt and pepper if neccessary.