Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From How2Heroes website comes this awesome basil lemonade. I know, there are dozens of recipes on this site! But this one is special, and I think its because the basil syrup is just stunning. Try it, you'll agree that its NOT just another basil lemonade. IMHO, a shot of vodka or tequila in each glass wouldn't do it any harm, either!
- Make Basil Simple Syrup:.
- Combine sugar, basil and water in sauce pan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 15-20 min and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Strain syrup and chill. If you don't use it right away, you can store it in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.
- Make Lemonade:.
- Mix the basil simple syrup with water and fresh lemon juice (adjust amounts of syrup and lemon juice to taste).
- Pour over a pitcher filled with ice.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves & lemon wheels.