Recipe by DeeVaFoodie
This is a lower fat, healthier version that I threw together this morning. Came out YUMMY! Try it spread with fat-free cream cheese while it's still warm, it's awesome.
Top Review by Suzie
This is definitely a keeper. I used homemade applesauce (Rachel Savage recipe #70097). I made the applesauce sugar free just for this recipe. The texture of this bread was phenomenal--earthy yet light and moist! DH actually liked it, and if HE likes something made a little different (whole wheat flour and applesauce) then it's GOT to be good. So, we both give Tanner's Mom 5 stars for this treasure. Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 medium over-ripe bananas
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 5 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together butter and Splenda.
- Blend in mashed bananas.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture, stir together just until combined.
- Spread in pans and level off with knife or spatula.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.