Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a lower fat, healthier version that I threw together this morning. Came out YUMMY! Try it spread with fat-free cream cheese while it's still warm, it's awesome.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together butter and Splenda.
- Blend in mashed bananas.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture, stir together just until combined.
- Spread in pans and level off with knife or spatula.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
This is definitely a keeper. I used homemade applesauce (Rachel Savage Applesauce). I made the applesauce sugar free just for this recipe. The texture of this bread was phenomenal--earthy yet light and moist! DH actually liked it, and if HE likes something made a little different (whole wheat flour and applesauce) then it's GOT to be good. So, we both give Tanner's Mom 5 stars for this treasure. Thanks for sharing!
I can't put a star rating. But for the taste it's really 5 stars. I made it 2 times. Last week and after 1h10 minutes the bread was not cooked through. Yesterday I made it again and let it in the oven 1h20 and even another 10 minutes after. It seem perfect. but then again, it went flat. I used a new baking powder. I'm wondering if it's because I used only unsweetened applesauce instead of butter. And also I used all purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour. Thanks DDCooks. Made for PAC Spring 2009
PAC 07 choice for me. Made 2 and froze one. Followed recipe as is and is is chalked full of taste and very moist. Loved it.