Recipe by Barefoot Beachcomber
This is a good savoury snack and quite easy to make. I found it in an issue of "For Women First".
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed (1/2 of a 17 oz pkg.)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey mustard or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons your choice mustard
- 1 (8 ounce) wheel brie cheese, chilled
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds or 1⁄3 cup your choice nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Roll pastry into a 12" square.
- Cut 2 circles from it; one 4 1/2" in diameter, the other 8 1/2" in diameter.
- Spread mustard over each circle, leaving a 1/4" border.
- Center Brie on large pastry circle; place small circle on top and brush with egg.
- Fold bottom circle's sides up, and press them into the top circle to seal.
- Press almonds onto sides.
- Using cookie cutters, cut leaves from scraps; decorate the top.
- Bake 35 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes.