Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
There are so many recipes for this out there! I created this one from another recipe I found somewhere years ago. I was avoided canned soup for many reasons, but I loved that creamy flavor it gave. This is my answer. My family were sort of the plain foods kind of people, so spice it up with Tabasco if you wish. The cheese is optional, but HIGHLY recommended.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, petite
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Heat 1 teaspoons Cooking oil in deep skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Cook ground beef, breaking it up but leave it a bit chunky, until browned. Drain.
- Add 1 Tbls. Cooking oil to pan and cook vegetables until softened, about five minutes.
- Add tomatoes, broth, and meat into pan. Bring to a simmer and cover.
- Cook 20 minutes. Add pasta, cover and cook 20 minutes more.
- If desired, mix in cheese and serve.